It’s finally here (hype intensifies). As for the previous events broadcasted on twitch I looked at this month (Sony Conference, Destiny MLG), I will be looking at some variables we can get from Twitch. Especially :
- # of viewers
- # of channels
- ranking (over all game streamed on Twitch, 1 is best)
- and some other features as the top 20 streamers in the Destiny directory (expect KingGothalion, Datto, ProfessorBroman, etc ...)
What to expect :
- large increase(s) on the release date of the DLC
- large increase when the Raid will come live
Some important dates :
- ROI release date : September,20th : 5am (Eastern Time), 10am (UK, day after), 7pm (Australia, day after)
- Raid (Wrath of the Machine): September, 23th : 10am (Pacific Time)
Some preliminary plot for today(to estimate the baseline before the release date)
... to be updated ...
in preparation of the raid, I have also modified a script to count the number of ‘Raid’ word in the streamer status, I expect to see this word a lot Friday
Status of ROI at ~8:00am (Eastern Time)
You did it Bungie ... Top 1 in Twitch for ~1hour.
At the peak, the most popular streamer was KingGothalion with ~33k viewers.
What to expect now :
- an increase in the # of viewers during the day (people watching twitch at work)
- another increase in the number of streamers in the afternoon (people coming from work and starting playing the game)
The day after : Status of ROI at ~9:00am (Eastern Time)-September, 21th
in more details for the # of viewers :
It looks like it’s back to it’s base level (~10k every minute)
On a personal note, ROI is awesome. I finished the main campaign and did the new Phogoth strike. The PlagueLands look like packed with stuffs to discover.
The day after-after : Status of ROI at ~8:30am (Eastern Time)-September, 22th
Nothing more to add. The levels of # of viewers, # of channels, rank are back to what they used to be. Let’s see tomorrow how it will go for the Raid.
day hours before the RAID : Status of ROI at ~8:30am (Eastern Time)-September, 23th